Consumer protection and trade practices laws have been put in place to ensure a fair and equitable marketplace as well as safer products and services for consumer and can be very different from region to region. Globally, over the years an increasing number of legislators have become aware of the vulnerability of the consumer in the modern business environmental and accordingly have enforced elaborate consumer protection laws to prevent fraud, deception and unfair trade practices.
A fundamental understanding of these commercial, competitive and compliance pressures together with a unique international outlook means the Fenech & Fenech is ideally placed to help clients meet these challenges and achieve their strategic objectives.
The consumer protection department at Fenech & Fenech brings together lawyers from a range of legal disciplines with common interest and experience in the consumer products industry including litigation experience in the local tribunals. Our highly rated consumer department provides an unrivalled service to clients who can rely on proactive, commercial advice to assist them in resolving disputes.
Our practice includes lawyers with experience in the food to the cosmetics sector, gaming, pharmaceuticals, and electrical products to consumer finance and marketing services.
- the development, protection, regulation, and marketing of consumer products, brands, and services;
- consumer protection litigation in the local tribunals;
- access to EU consumer protection measures;
- consumer contracts and product and promotional offers;
- supply chain, procurement, and logistics;
- product liability, product recall, and government enforcement;
- investing in, acquiring, and financing consumer businesses